Introduction

This blog will follow me through my travels and experiences working at a clinic in Quetzaltenango (Xela), Guatemala. The clinic sees primarily indigenous (Mayan) patients in a rural mountain community. More than half of the patients are children, and the clinic is expanding its population even more to include more adults. Much of my struggles actually come from the rather universal theme of being a new healthcare provider, in my case, a new nurse practitioner. I'll also try to post plenty of travel stories to keep people entertained, and share some more cheerful stories. I apologize if there's an overkill of clinic stories. Sometimes it helps to tell the stories, even if only for my own sake.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Calle del Arco, Antigua


I found this photo on my camera, and thought it was beautiful. This is one of the main streets off of the plaza/park in the center of Antigua. The arch, or bridge, was apparently built to allow nuns to cross the street from the convent without being seen. Through the arch you can see the Merced Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment